senior pastor search -
JOB OVERVIEW. . .
The Senior Pastor will be the primary communicator in preaching and teaching, and provides visionary leadership direction to equip the church for ministry. He will prioritize prayer and the ministry of the Word to glorify Christ by multiplying disciples. He will lead and equip staff and volunteer leaders in the church to carry out effective ministry by living and proclaiming the gospel of Jesus Christ!
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Primary preacher and teacher
- Lead the vision of the church
- Get to know the congregation and community
- Challenge people to grow to who God wants them to be
- Develop leaders
- Train people to be disciples and equip them for evangelism and service
- Work toward ministry-goals with elders and ministry teams
SKILLS YOU’LL NEED TO HAVE:
- Bible College degree, M.Div. or equivalent graduate degree preferred
- 5-10 years of pastoral ministry experience desired
- Prioritizes God, family and church
- Cooperation with the EFCA
- Leadership skills
- Administrative skills
- Team Player
- Love for God’s Word and God’s people
CHURCH & COMMUNITY OVERVIEW. . .
Ainsworth is a small, agricultural community located in the beautiful Nebraska Sandhills. In the north-central part of the state, it is 30 miles south of the South Dakota border. While Ainsworth EFC is located about 180 miles from any large city, they enjoy the lifestyle and all that the area has to offer. With the aid of technology and Amazon, the community manages to keep one foot in the modern world and the other in a world of old-fashioned values and beliefs. It is a safe place to raise a family. The people who live in and around Ainsworth are hardworking, friendly, and caring. They love and share each other’s burdens and joys. Living in a remote area has its challenges, but the locals say that the positives outweigh the negatives by a country mile!
Does this sound like a place you would like to serve?
Ainsworth EFC is utilizing Chemistry Staffing to evaluate all applications. They are also coordinating applications received from EFCA's Pastor Search Process.
Candidates interested in the Senior Pastor position please click on the link below!